News Advice for clinically extremely vulnerable residents

 Advice for clinically extremely vulnerable residents image

Maidstone Borough Council is reminding everyone who is shielding or Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) of how to get help if they need it.

Anyone who has received a letter from the Government advising them they are CEV will be contacted directly by the Council but you should not hesitate to get in touch if you need support.

Alison Broom, Chief Executive of Maidstone Borough Council said:

“Once again those people in our communities who are the most vulnerable are our top priority and we are trying to make sure they know where to get help if they need it.

“If you need help during this time, MBC can offer advice on priority supermarket deliveries and put you in touch with local organisations that can assist with prescription collections, financial advice and other concerns.”

The key Government guidance is:

  • You are strongly advised to work from home because the risk of exposure to the virus in your area may be significantly higher. If you cannot work from home, then you should not attend work.
  • You are advised to stay at home as much as possible. You can go outside but try to keep all contact with others outside of your household to a minimum and avoid busy areas.
  • You can still remain in your support bubble, but you cannot meet with friends and family you do not live with unless they are part of your support bubble. This is part of the wider regulations in place in your area.
  • Try to stay 2 metres away from other people within your household, especially if they display symptoms of the virus or have been advised to self-isolate.
  • You are advised to stay at home as much as possible and not to travel unless essential.
  • You are advised not to go to the shops. Use online shopping if you can or ask others to collect and deliver shopping for you.

Further information is available on the government website:

Mrs Broom added:

“These are extremely difficult times and even more so for people who are clinically extremely vulnerable, we want you to know that we are here to help if you need us. Christmas can be a stressful time for many and a time when loneliness can feel even more acute, so if you, or someone you know, is feeling the strain and needs someone to talk to, the Council can put you in touch with various organisations too.”

Anyone requiring assistance should contact Maidstone Borough Council on: 01622 602307 (Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday, 9am to 4.30pm) or visit the Maidstone Borough Council website:

Kent Together has been set up for anyone in the county who is vulnerable and needs urgent support that cannot be met through existing support networks, help is available for:  please can you put the Kent Together phone number in here too

  • making sure individuals have enough food and supplies
  • picking up prescriptions
  • making sure there is someone to talk to by phone, Skype or Facetime

Full details of #KentTogether can be found on the KCC website:

For anyone who has a medical condition which means they are classed as being Clinically Extremely Vulnerable to coronavirus or has received a letter informing them to shield should register on the National Shielding Support Service (NSSS).

A link to this can be found the government website:

Share this post

Twitter Facebook

MBC social media

Follow us on social media